Saturday, February 5, 2011


Standing Elk/ Golden Eagle's Bio


My most precious Mother Beautiful Sundance Woman named me Loren Zephier


My most precious Father Chief Black Spotted Horse named me Azuya Mani (Scout)


The Elk Nations named me Hehaka Nazin (Standing Elk)


The Heyoka Nation call me Hehaka Oyate Oyasin (All Elk Nation)


Tunkasila Hehaka Sapa (Black Elk) named me Mani Ota (Walks With many)


The Eagle Nations said that I would be known as Wambdi Zizi (The Golden Eagle) in the future.


Standing Elk is a member of the Ihunktowan Dakota Nation. His blood line is Lakota, Dakota, Nakota and French. He is one of seven Sundance Chiefs for the Yankton Sioux Sungdeska Sapa Tiospaye.


He co-authored four books titled, "MAKA WICAHPI WICOHAN", "ANPAO WICAHPI WICOHAN", IKTOMI WICAHPI WICOHAN", and "CAN WAKAN WICOHAN". The MAKA WICAHPI WICOHAN manual was inducted into the Smithsonian Institution during a formal ceremony on September 26, 1999 and the manual was also donated to the A.R.E. Library on September 22, 2002.


http://www.star-knowledge.net/images/315_eagle_1.jpg

Notice To The Elders Of Turtle Island

Standing Elk, February 1996



My name is Standing Elk of the Yankton Sioux Reservation and this is my formal apology to all the elders of Turtle Island and I accept full responsibility for my words and actions in the future concerning the spiritual knowledge we are about to share with the people of the Americas and the world. My actions and words are none other than my own based upon the spiritual teachings of the Tunkasila and the spiritual knowledge of the Star Nations. If any Elder of the Red Nation feels that I am wrong in my actions or in any verbal statement, please feel free to correct me according to the Laws of the Kit Fox Society, that we as spiritual human beings have chosen to live by. "If it be necessary to punish a child do so in such a way that will improve his spirit or mind, but do not lay a hand on him for you may damage the possession of the Great Spirit, his gift of life to you."

As a Red Nation we have lived through dreams and vision of our Spiritual Tunkasila and we have always chose not to stray beyond our limits of the power of our spirit. My personal dream has directed me to contact certain Ikce Wicasa that will greatly increase the spiritual awareness that is to be shared with our brothers of the four directions. Through my personal contacts, some medicine men have agreed that it is time because of the closeness and the fulfillment of prophecies that are vital for our existence as a human race. This sharing of dreams and vision of the Tunkasila will strengthen the foundation of Nations that are sincerely interested in being that element that will be the foundation of the "thousand years of peace."

My hand is open to all those Elders of the Turtle Island who wish to share their message, dream and vision with the people of the world, for I cannot do it alone. Through our teachings, we know that not one individual holds the knowledge and mysteries of life, we were all given a piece of the puzzle. We are all a part of the Sacred Hoop that needs to be mended and we must make a humble effort in this task, if the seventh generation, our grandchildren and unborn are to survive this next awareness. My life was molded around the teachings of the Tunkasila that you have instilled in our spirit as children, and my spirit has directed me in this effort to help our brothers and sisters of the four directions and I have already chosen not to fail the Tunkasila.

Mitakuye Oyasin - Hehaka Inazin (Standing Elk)

No comments:

Post a Comment